No Foam Face Wash

Hello Everyone!

I tried a sample of a face wash a while back and I liked it so much that I decided to remake it keeping most of the ingredients. The result is an extremely delicate face wash that makes close to no foam (but still does cleanse 😉 ).

17693126_10154162682641741_1323540383_o

I find this kind of formula to work great with my face cleansing brush or sponge. The consistency is quite thick, a little less than syrup, but it is absolutely not sticky: on the contrary, it has a soft, velvety and cushion-like feel 😉 and the fact that it makes close to no foam for me is absolutely a plus!

[On a totally different note: for this formula I have finally decided to use the fragrance oil Osmanthus from Sensory Perfection and IT IS AMAZING! From the bottle it had a very strong scent and I couldn’t really understand if I liked it or not… well, now I know that I definitely do!!!]

FORMULA:

This formula has a unique phase, but the ingredients must be added in the order I write them (follow the instructions ok? 🙂 ):

Glycerin – 11%
Water to 100%
Hydroxypropyl Guar – 2%
Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate – 12%
Hydrolized Proteins – 0.4%
Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate – 1.5%
Phenoxyethanol and Ethylhexylglycerin – 0.6% (this is the preservative I have used, you can use another one, but then you need to check at which % it needs to be added and you need to be sure it is ok to be used with surfactants and also check at which pH it is stable)
Fragrance Oil – q.s.
Food Colorant – totally optional (q.s.)

HOW TO:

1.  Calculate the amount of water you need to add
  2. Measure glycerin and water in a beaker, heat it up a little, stir it fast with a spoon until the water forms a sort of cone/vortex.
  3. Pour the pre-measured guar powder inside of this vortex.
  4. The “difficult” part is finished: now add all the other ingredients and eventually mix with an immersion mixer just to have everything blended well.

17761561_10154162625556741_1284166204_o

Well,hope you enjoyed this very simple formula! 😉
Let me know what you think about it if you try it!

9 thoughts on “No Foam Face Wash

1. pollynationapothecary says:

Hello, I am making a diy conditioning shampoo with liquid Castillo soap, Coco glucoside, botanical extracts, silk amino acid, coconut milk, oils, guar gum, and citric acid. However, I am noticing that the mixture is separating after a few days. Please help? I tried to add a little polysorbate 20. But it is still separating. Please help. Carli

It is the Castille soap. I have many posts that explain how to formulate a shampoo and I have many formulas that you can try as well.

Just on a side note: did you make the soap? Did you use sodium hydroxide?

2. Rebecca says:

Hey I’m loving all your posts and I’m finding it very helpful! I’m attempting to make a face mask but unsure of the mixing process. I understand there’s different phases that need to be mixed separately these are the ingredients: polyvinyl alcohol, hyaluronic acid, polyethylene glycol, glycerin, propylene glycol, citric acid, sodium citrate, peg-90 glyceryl isostearate, fragrance, methylparaben, tocopherol,xanthan gum, water. I know it’s a stretch asking for help with this but I really don’t know how to mix these. I have the formula but I’d really appreciate your help with this! Please! 🙏🏼 If you’d prefer to email me you of course can at ablackstarco@hotmail.com

Hello Rebecca. I guess it is a film making mask? I have never used polyvinyl alcohol so I am not sure. I could try to find out but why do you want to make such a mask?
      Why wouldn’t you rather use more active ingredients? Why not make it a creamy mask?

• Rebecca says:

It’s a peel off face mask. I’m trying to make a moisturizing peel off face mask for easy removal.

But my two cents are: peel off masks are not as performing as creams. If you think about it, they are made of ingredients that form a film on the skin once the water portion evaporates.
        Yes, they look cool and so they feel effective and therefore they SELL, but I believe that if you really wanted hydration, you would be better off with a simple hyaluronic acid serum (for example).
        Just my two cents 🙂