Hello there! 🙂
I am back with a new recipe for a summer cream light in texture, very hydrating and nourishing. 🙂
I have been using it for a couple of weeks and I really like it.
Obviously my “grease fall” composition is intended for what my skin likes (nowadays my acne days are only a distant memory but I am always scared it might come back: so I still formulate in order to give my skin fatty acids that won’t give any advantage to acne 🙂 – you can read more HERE). You can, as always, change the grease fall for your own purpose and needs 🙂
The texture is light and quite fluid, it absorbs very easily and it has a quite “matte” finish thanks to the butters.
The active ingredients make for a soothing, hydrating and quite nourishing cream 🙂
KEEP ON READING
It is over a year now that my husband uses my Aloe Vera Hair Gel and he is very happy with it, but I never thought it would be interesting to post about it… until today 🙂
The recipe is really fool-proof-easy and it makes a good hair gel, which won’t become white if you brush through your hair after it dries up, the hairs stay in shape but don’t look glued!
It is also good if you have long hair and you want to give them proteins: use it in small amount on wet hair (just after you wash them) and then dry them as you are used to. In this case it doesn’t keep the shape but makes the hair shiny and in a month or two they look much more healthy and they feel stronger 🙂 (this is my experience).
There are three methods depending on your starting point:
Method 1: if you have Aloe Vera Juice you are going to use it instead of water (substitute the water of the recipe with the juice! 🙂 )
Method 2: if you have the concentrated Aloe Vera Powder (1:200) you will make the gel with glycerin, xanthan gum and water and then add the 0.5% Aloe Vera powder to your gel (it will melt immediately 😉 ).
Method 3: FOOL-PROOF! You can even use a bought Aloe Vera Gel (just make sure the Aloe Vera amount is at least around 95%! Run away from any “10% Aloe Vera Gel”) and add to it the other ingredients of this recipe (of course leaving out the xanthan gum, the glycerin and the water… easy no? :D). This method also works if you have your already homemade Aloe Vera Gel which you read in this post. In case the gel is too liquid, you can add a little bit of xanthan gum to have a more firm gel 😉
KEEP ON READING
Not everybody is so lucky to have a plant of Aloe Vera.
Personally I have one but my heart doesn’t let me chop off a leg or an arm from it. 😀
Nevertheless when you buy “Aloe vera Gel” usually it is maximum 95% made of Aloe vera, remaining 5% (and this is not a little amount!!!) are other things.
So here is a recipe to make 99% Aloe vera gel where the remaining 1% is composed of Xanthan Gum (natural gelling substance) and preservative.
Preservative is an important step. I know many people who want to do “natural cosmetics” don’t want to use preservatives, but preservative doesn’t necessarily mean “bad”. There are many kinds of preservatives right now; you can choose a paraben free and 100% biodegradable (like the Cosgard which i am using).
The importance of preservatives is that they don’t permit the growth of bacteria inside our water-based cream/gel. If you really don’t want to use a preservative then you should save your gel or cream in the fridge and use it up in maximum one week time.
99 gr – 100% Aloe Vera Juice
0.6 gr – Xanthan Gum
0.6 gr Cosgard (I know this doesn’t make 100 grams but 100.2 grams 😀 I can count too, but some preservatives need to be added in smaller amount and anyway 100.2 gr in a bottle of 100 ml doesn’t make a big difference 😀 that’s all)