Here is the recipe of the “Magic Powder Bubble Bath” 😀
It is great for kids (it’s easier to convince them at taking a bath 😉 ) and it is also little easier to use and make than the Bubble Bars!
The recipe is very similar:
Sodium Bicarbonate 30
Citric Acid 25
Cocamidopropyl Betaine 10 (this is liquid and even if water in this recipe is not the best thing… we cannot avoid this ingredient: it is the one which makes the SLSA milder in our formulation).
Powder Colorant (I have used Micas in this case but you could also use food colorant powders if you have any – they will color the water much more than mixas do. Avoid ultramarines as they don’t behave well with citric acid and they will make your mixture smell bad and spoil)
Fragrance Oil (enough :D)
1) mix very well the sodium bicarbonate and the citric acid into a bowl.
2) in another bowl mix the SLSA, the cornstarch and the cocamidopropyl betaine; wait at least 10 minutes until the water of the cocamidopropyl betaine has evaporated at least a little bit (if you can resist… wait some more 😀 ).
3) Mix the two phases together.
4) Add the colorant and the fragrance oil. Mix.
5) Spread out to dry, then put them in a container with a scoop 😀
TADAAA done. Extra easy and simple!
No wonder my niece is always happy to come to take a bath at her aunt… 😀 ahahah!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.